I'm currently using your recommended mouth care system and reading your book. There are a few questions I would like to ask you:
1. I know you don't recommend using store brand of the named brand mouth rinses that are in the system, but I was wondering if it would be ok if I use the store brand mouth rinses to clean my toothbrush instead?
2. You recommended 12 hours between the mouth rinses, but I was wondering if you meant at least 12 hours in between or at most 12 hours in between to protect our teeth?
3. Would it be a good idea to brush our teeth immediately after having breakfast in the morning or eat some xylitol and wait a while before brushing?
4. How soon after eating should we have xylitol ? within a few minutes after, 10-15 minutes after?
5. Lastly, would it be all right if I always use the diluted Listerine instead of full strength? or should I gradually move to using the full strength? I guess my concern is whether diluted Listerine is just as good as the full strength Listerine.
Thank you for your time!
P.S: Due to some accidental clicking on the Closys website, I received a bunch of Closys coupons for their mouthrinse. I was wondering if perhaps you would like to have it in your office for your patients. I would gladly forward it onto you if you can give me the address of your office.
On the other hand, if you have pocketing and periodontal problems, live with multiple people in a shared unit, exposed to highly infected individuals I would buy the proven brand!! I guess it all depends on your risk of contracting disease.
- Immature plaque bacteria begin their lives looking like little seeds. They have a hard outer shell and are spherical in shape.
- Essential oils in Listerine "pop" the outer shell of these seeds thus destroying immature plaque bacteria.
- Problem arise as these immature bacteria mature after 12 hours and become a new "filamentous" shape. (I hate to sound gross, but they look "worm like" as they mature and age after 12 hours).
- Once the bacteria change into this new shape, essential oils of Listerine can no longer "pop" them. This is why the suggestion is to use Listerine "every 12 hours is to control the development of plaque while it is in the immature spherical stage. But there is good news!!!! ......
Dental Health for Everyone!
author, Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye
26, Corporate Woods, Rochester NY 14623